ANNUAL FISHING TOURNAMENT
A Day on the Water
for a Great Cause.
APRIL 22, 2023
The Annual SAF Fishing Tournament is a fundraising event where fishers compete to raise money for boater and hunter safety, promoting the wearing of PFDs (personal floatation devices) and safety switches when driving a boat, and Search and Rescue for loved ones.
The fishing tournament is held in and around the inter-coastal waterways and bays surrounding Port Aransas and Corpus Christi, Texas.
The 13th Annual SAF Fishing Tournament was a huge success. A record-breaking $16,750 was raised at the event, with all proceeds going directly to the local organization.
Thank you again to our 2022 sponsors. The 13th Annual SAF Fishing Tournament registration is open now.
Friday, April 21st, 2023
6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Doc’s Seafood and Steaks—Waterline
13309 S. Padre Island Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
Tournament Rules will be discussed and all
Captains are urged to attend.
Side Pots will be AVAILABLE:
*At Captain’s Meeting, participants can sign up for side pots.
*Side Pot fish may or may not be part of and weighed in on
the Team Stringer
*Raffle prizes will be drawn after weigh-in.
2023 Tournament Rules
- Heaviest stringer tournament- 2 reds (SLOT 20”- 28”), 2 trout (SLOT ONLY 17” – 23”), and 1 flounder
- Weigh-in opens at 3:15 p.m.
- Fish MUST be in line by 4:00 p.m. – NO EXCEPTIONS
- *** NO DIVISIONS!!!****
- Anglers can use live, dead, and/or artificial baits
- Wade fishing and/or boat fishing is permitted
- Teams can consist of 2 - 5 people
Fishing times are 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Weigh-in is at Doc’s 1st Floor (Next to Marker 37)
- Side pots will be available for participation
- Side pot fish is in the slot, no oversized or tagged fish
- Entry fee: $150.00 per person
Meal to be served at Doc’s after weigh-in
- CASH PAYOUTS: Cash/Plaques paid out to 5 teams!
- State/Federal Parks & Wildlife regulations apply at all times
- Tournament anglers must be wearing a life jacket when the BIG motor is in operation
- This is an Inshore tournament; therefore, you are not allowed to fish outside of the jetties, with no boundaries north or south
- The weigh master will have the final say on the eligibility of any fish brought in to weigh
- In the event of a tie, the longest total inches of the team’s stringer will be the determining factor
Our Goal (updated 12/21)
BY THE END OF 2025
Volunteer with SAF
We can’t complete our fishing tournament without your help. Volunteers serve a 3 hour shift throughout the event with various responsibilities.